It’s been along time since I had pesto.I love making pesto from scratch instead from a container it has a fresh taste and its healthier.This is a versatile Italian sauce you can eat with fish, chicken,pasta and so much more.It is very garlicky and lemony yummy.It’s made with toasted pine nuts,basil,parmesan cheese,garlic,lemon zest and lemon juice.I tasted it my my it was good and I think you’d like it cause its the best I have ever made. I hope you enjoy it.
2 cups fresh basil
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup olive oil
1-1/2 tbsps lemon juice
2 tsps lemon zest
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. In a food processor or blend place all of the ingredients inside and pulse until smooth.
2. Transfer to a bowl or jar and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Here is a yummy and tasty appetizer to have anytime.I love little finger foods especially chicken wings very nice.They are so versatile and you could flavor them anyway you want.I chose lemon garlic and herb because it sounds fancy to me and you can have them for lunch or dinner pair them with asparagus or broccoli and rice.These are so good.These are good for you because they are baked and not fried in a pan full of oil.They are guilt free.
8-12 party chicken wings
1/4 cup lemon juice
4 tbsps olive oil
1 tbsp butter-melted
5 cloves of garlic-crushed & minced
1/2 tsp dried or fresh thyme
1/2 tsp fresh or dried rosemary
1/2 tsp fresh or dried basil
1/2 tsp fresh or dried oregano
1/2 tsp fresh or dried parsley
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put the party chicken wing in a medium or large bowl.
3. Add the olive oil,butter,minced garlic,herbs ,smoked paprika,salt and pepper to the chicken .With a spoon or spatula stir until thoroughly coated.Place wings in the refrigerator and marinate them for 3 hours or overnight.
4.Transfer wings to a foiled or parchment lined baking sheet .
5. Put chicken wings into the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes.
6. Place chicken wings onto a serving dish .
Serve them with a rice ,potatoes or a salad.
Now you can eat & enjoy !!!