This is a great soup I had it the first time a few months ago and I smitten .It tasted so good that’s why I decided to make it.It is a good dish for the fall and winter seasons ,Keep you warm when the weather is cold.By the way did I say it has a spicy zing .This soup is good for vegetarians,vegans and people who have gluten allergies .So its very healthy that’s why I love it so much.It’s easy to make and it is accompanied with Parmesean Garlic Bread Croutons that recipe will be another page .I hope you enjoy this recipe.
2 cups chopped kale ( lacinato and curly) 1 cup of each
1/2 cup of sweet potatoes – chopped
1 medium carrot- chopped
1 can cannellini beans (15 oz)
1/2 of a small onion -chopped
1 large garlic clove -minced
1 medium tomato -chopped
1-1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup of water
1-1/2 tbsps olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 tsps Italian seasoning
1-1/2 tbsps fresh or dried parsley
1 sage leaf
1 sprig of rosemary
1/4 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1-1/2 tsps kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1.Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic ,onions and saute , stir for 3-4 mins or until translucent.
3. Now add in the kale ,tomatoes,carrots and beans.
4. Pour chicken broth and water over the soup mixture.Now bring to a boil. Add in the spices and herbs .Stir thoroughly.
5. Boil on low for 15-20 minutes.Now add the sweet potatoes and cook for 10 minutes more.Last but not least add the cayenne pepper ,smoked paprika,salt,pepper and stir.
Here is a all time soup to warm your heart with each sip.It’s tasty and slightly spicy on the pallet.This soup is called “White Bean Chicken Chili.My inspiration for the soup was a sandwich oddly enough.I have had a chicken sandwich that was slathered with a white bean mayo and topped with bed tomatoes.When I first saw it I thought it looked gross but when I tasted it I was like Oh wow this could work.I didn’t think then I would put a twist to it Ta Dow here it is. For some time I wanted to make a white bean soup ,chili or chowder. This chili is the bomb and tastes excellent that’s just my opinion.I’d like for you to let me know how you like it.
1 chicken breast-cooked & diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 medium onion-chopped
2 medium garlic cloves-minced
1 medium jalapeno pepper-minced
1 small serrano pepper-minced
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
1 can canellini beans or any white beans of your choice -Drained
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried or fresh cilantro or parsley
1/2 tsp dried or fresh thyme
1 tsp dried or fresh oregano
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 cayenne pepper
1.In a saute skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add onions, garlic and jalapeno and saute for about or until softened.
3 .Add in cumin, oregano and thyme .
4. Add in the tomatoes to onion,garlic and spice mixture . Add in the chicken and corn and stir.
5. Add in the chicken broth and stir in the beans. Reduce the heat and cover.Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
6.Add in the Goya Sazon ,cayenne powder ,salt and pepper. Now stir and place the cover back on .Turn up the heat and cook for 5-10 minutes.
7. Transfer to a nice bowl and serve with cornbread,baked tortillas or in a bread bowl.
Top with cheese of your choice and I hope you enjoy this autumn delight!!!!