I love chicken,I love oranges so what I did I combined the two and I made an orange glaze with a bit of other goodies such as chipotle powder for that extra zip of heat and brown sugar for sweetness ,orange marmalade for that hint of orange.This chicken dish reminded me of chicken a l’Orange I haven’t had that since I was a kid that was many moons ago.I wanted to make this because I saw one of my friends make some chicken with orange juice that’s how I became inspired .I have sort of twisted it to be more of my taste and I am ready to share this lovely chicken inspiration here I go.This chicken makes a good main dish or as a appetizer at a holiday party they are cute ,little and finger friendly easy to hold.Believe me they are good. They will keep you wanting more.
1 pack of chicken drummies or breast,thighs,wings
1/2 cup of orange juice
2 tbsps orange marmalade
2 tbsps brown sugar
1 cup of ketchup
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsps olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chipotle powder
2 tsps cornstarch
1/3 cup water
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Directions:For The Chicken
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
1. Put chicken on a foiled lined sheet pan.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides
3. Now place the chicken in the oven and bake for 50 minutes .
Directions The Glaze:
1.In a small to med sauce pan add the orange juice,lemon juice,orange marmalade,ketchup,olive oil,brown sugar,garlic powder,ground chipotle powder, cornstarch, water ,salt and pepper
2. Now stir the mixture over medium heat bring to a boil for about 5 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken.Now reduce heat and stir occasionally for 5-10 minutes. when glaze has thickened turn off heat and set aside.
3.When chicken is done baking, spoon the glaze onto the chicken and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes .Repeat this 2 more times until the chicken start to char a little at the bottom .
4. Now you can plate the chicken and serve .Let me tell you this chicken is awesomely delicious and I hope you enjoy making this chicken as much as I did.