Today’s post is my version of Focaccia .The first time I made Focaccia I was in cooking school but before that I had a huge love for this bread .This is not a traditional Focaccia.This… More
Here is a yummy and tasty appetizer to have anytime.I love little finger foods especially chicken wings very nice.They are so versatile and you could flavor them anyway you want.I chose lemon garlic and herb because it sounds fancy to me and you can have them for lunch or dinner pair them with asparagus or broccoli and rice.These are so good.These are good for you because they are baked and not fried in a pan full of oil.They are guilt free.
8-12 party chicken wings
1/4 cup lemon juice
4 tbsps olive oil
1 tbsp butter-melted
5 cloves of garlic-crushed & minced
1/2 tsp dried or fresh thyme
1/2 tsp fresh or dried rosemary
1/2 tsp fresh or dried basil
1/2 tsp fresh or dried oregano
1/2 tsp fresh or dried parsley
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put the party chicken wing in a medium or large bowl.
3. Add the olive oil,butter,minced garlic,herbs ,smoked paprika,salt and pepper to the chicken .With a spoon or spatula stir until thoroughly coated.Place wings in the refrigerator and marinate them for 3 hours or overnight.
4.Transfer wings to a foiled or parchment lined baking sheet .
5. Put chicken wings into the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes.
6. Place chicken wings onto a serving dish .
Serve them with a rice ,potatoes or a salad.
Now you can eat & enjoy !!!
When it comes to pasta dishes I love to experiment with different ingredients.Pasta is very versatile you can take from nothing to something in less than 30 minutes and voila’ there goes dinner.So with this pasta dish I used spaghetti to make a cold pasta salad.I added pesto and some other ingredients to pull this whole dish together.This a anytime pasta dish you can make.It could be apart of your holiday repertoire.Its’s easy and quick to make .I have made this several times and its delicious.
This pasta salad has shrimp and broccolini florets in it.I used cooked shrimp to make it easy to throw to together in minutes.I used store bought pesto but you can make your own and I added some lemon juice to the pesto to give it a zing.I put some more parmesan cheese in the pesto.I topped the salad with halved grape tomatoes and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.You will enjoy this pasta salad its so good.you can have this some garlic bread and some excellent white wine.
- 8 oz Spaghetti Pasta
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 garlic clove -minced
- 1/3 cup grape or cherry tomatoes -halved
- 1 tbsp chopped purple onions
- Broccoli or Broccolini florets
- 8-12 cooked shrimp
- 2 tbsps shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup store bought or homemade pesto
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the pesto.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the garlic and broccoloini florets saute until they are soft.Add the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and stir.
- Drain the pasta and Stir in the pesto,broccolini florets , garlic, onions and lemon juice .
- Transfer pasta to a serving dish and Add the shrimp, tomatoes and parmesan cheese on top of the pasta. Cover the pasta salad and place it into the refrigerator and let it chill for 2 hrs.
- Serve with with garlic bread and enjoy!!!
Baked clams!!! I can’t believe I made some on my own from scratch.The other day I had a craving for stuffed clams .I almost made a B-line to the freezer section but instead headed over to the seafood counter .I picked up some little neck clams and my cooking juices were flowing.I was thinking how I was going to make it.It took some time but I figured it out.I learned you have use clams that can be use to make clam chowder and use bread crumbs for the stuffing .I sorta figured that out already.
These baked clams are quick and easy to make.They are very delicious and you’ll be glad you made them.Great as an appetizers at the beginning of a seafood meal or maybe even the super bowl or at any event you prefer to have them at.
1 LB Fresh clams -scrubbed ,steamed and chopped or 1 can of clams
1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
5 tbsps butter-melted
2-1/2 tbsps fresh or bottled clam juice
2 tbsps chopped celery
2 tbsps chopped onions
1 clove of minced garlic
1 tsp dried or fresh parsley
1/2 tsp dried or fresh thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper
Pinch of salt -optional
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes- optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.Place the shells on the
2. In a large skillet melt butter on medium-low heat .
3. Add in the onions and garlic to the skillet . Stir for 5-8 minutes or until the onions and garlic are translucent .
4.Put the chopped clams, bread crumb,herbs, spices and red pepper flakes into a medium bowl,Mix until combined.
5.Now add onions and garlic and clam juice to the bread crumb mixture .Now stir.
6.Evenly spoon the mixture into the clam shells and bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Transfer the clams and to a serving dish and Enjoy !!
It was close to lunch time and I was craving for some sort of sandwich or sub.I decided on making me a chicken bomb sub similar to the steak bomb with everything on it.This sub has bell peppers,onions,mushrooms and cheese.A little taste of heat from the red pepper flakes .Man let me tell you I went to heaven when I took a bite of this lovely creation.I will tell you the first time I had this sub was at restaurant called Newtowne Grille in Cambridge,MA .I fell in love with the sandwich and decided I was going try to make my own version.Now I am bitten by the chicken sub bug.This is sub is yummy it will fill you up and you will love it too.
1 chicken breast cut into strips
Fresh or frozen sliced bell peppers(red,orange,green)
2 slices white american cheese(not pictured)
1 tbps olive oil
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 sub rolls
1. In a skillet at medium high heat add oil.
2.Add in the mushrooms,onions and peppers.With a spoon or spatula saute’ until tender.
3.Take mushrooms,onions and peppers out the skillet and add the chicken .Cook the chicken half way.
4.Add the mushroom,onions and peppers in with the chicken .Stir until chicken is fully cooked but not dry.
5.Add the spices and herbs .Stir until everything is covered.
6. Place 2 pieces of cheese on top of the chicken and pepper mixture.When cheese starts to melt stir with a spatula until everything is covered.You can add more cheese.(Optional)
7.Now slice the rolls lengthwise and place the chicken pepper mixture inside the rolls .
8. Transfer to a serving plate and eat this with a salad,fries or chips.
Eat and Enjoy!!
Here is a simple and quick recipe for homemade flour tortilla wraps and If you didn’t want to go out and buy these wraps maybe you can try to challenge yourself with making them.Once you make them once you may turn to a convert because the tortilla wraps are oh so delicious .They are not loaded down with a bunch of chemical laden ingredients and they are healthier too.You can make tacos,fajitas and quesadillas with them trust me when I say “Yummo”.Well let me get onto the recipe.I hope you have a great time making these.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3-4 tbsps shortening
1 cup +1tbsp warm water or milk(I used milk)
1.In a medium or large bowl mix the flour,baking powder and salt with a spoon or whisk.
2.Add the shortening and cutting it into the flour with a fork,knife or your finger until until it resembles small peas.
3.Now make a well in the middle of the bowl and slowly add in the warm milk or water.
4. Mix together until dough comes together and then place onto a floured surface and knead until dough becomes smooth.
5.Roll dough into a thick snake and cut into slices and the dough slices into a golf ball sized balls.Cover and let them rest for 20-30 minutes.
6.On a floured board roll out the dough until it becomes thin.
7.Place rolled out dough onto a ungreased griddle or pan.When bubbles form turn the tortillas over and let them get golden brown.
8.When the tortillas are done let them cool little and place them into a zip lock bag.